[CUCBC Contacts] Fairbairn Cup 2023

India Harding pih24 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 24 18:00:43 BST 2023

Hi all,

This year, the Fairbairn Cup will be held on Thursday 30th November and Friday 1st December.
I would appreciate it if you could circulate this email around to respective crew captains to advertise the event further.

Depending on competency and crew size, racing will take place, starting off in front off Jesus College Boat Club and continue for 2,700m, 3,400m or 4,300m whether racing in a novice VIII, senior IV, or senior VIII, respectively.

Entries will open 2nd November at 12:00 using the following link: https://forms.gle/ge4zjXxs6JrUm6Qu7
Entries will close 16th November at 12:00, however places are expected to fill up in advance of the deadline.
There will be a limit on the number of entries, so accepted crews will be on a first come first served basis.

Regardless of category, the entry fees for VIIIs and IVs are £80 and £40, respectively

Category
Race Date
Novice Races (VIIIs)
30/11/2023
Senior Races (IVs & VIIIs)
01/12/2023

Individual shields will be awarded as prizes to all winners in both the Women's and Men's divisions of the following categories: Senior 1st VIII+, Senior 2nd VIII+, Invitational VIII+, Novice 1st VIII+, Novice 2nd VIII+, Senior 1st IV+, Invitational IV+

For information, the Facebook event and website can be seen here: https://fb.me/e/6mLb07Mwb & https://www.jesusboatclub.co.uk/fairbairns

Good luck with the entries - I look forward to seeing you then!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Kind regards,

India

India Harding, MEng GMICE
JCBC Secretary & Fairbairns Secretary