[CUCBC Contacts] Race the Thames 2021

Ulrika Andersson uma21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 22 13:41:11 GMT 2020

Hi all,

Cambridge University Boat Club have partnered up with London Youth
Rowing for a charity challenge. It is run annually in parallel with the
National Junior Indoor Rowing Championships and since it’s virtual this
year we’d love to get colleges involved! We’re running a special
division for Oxbridge colleges and would love as many teams as possible
as it’s for a good cause! Town clubs, alumni, parents, and any other
teams can also sign up! Male, female and mixed categories available!

Race the Thames is a virtual team challenge to row the length of the
Thames (346km combined) on an erg in the week 19-26 March 2021. We’re
excited to collaborate with London Youth Rowing, who work to get young
people active through rowing programmes in disadvantaged communities.
Each team of 8, composed of 4 female and 4 male athletes, competes for
the fastest time as well as the most money raised for the charity! Which
Oxbridge college will take home the win? Alumni teams are also welcome!
All money raised is split evenly between London Youth Rowing and another
charity of your choice, such as your boat club. There’s also an
alternative challenge to row the length of the tidal Thames (72km
combined), and either challenge can be completed on an indoor exercise
machine other than an erg.

Please sign up if interested at
https://www.londonyouthrowing.com/event/racethethames2021

If you have any questions, please get in touch: uma21 at cam.ac.uk
<mailto:uma21 at cam.ac.uk>

I hope you’re excited for some competition, and for a chance to raise
money for your boat club and for a good cause!

Ulrika Andersson,

Lightweight triallist, CUBC