[CUCBC Contacts] CUWBC Development Squad

James Lee james at cuwbc.org.uk
Sun Jun 17 13:37:43 BST 2018

Dear All

I hope that you have all enjoyed the Bumps over the last few days. The
CUWBC Coaching and Support Team enjoyed watching some excellent racing,
particularly with 25 of our 2017/18 Squad racing with their Colleges.
However, it was those who are not yet in our Squad that we are keen to hear
from now! As you will know, we are very proud of how many of our Squad come
through the College system, and we would like to offer some more the
opportunity to be part of our Development Squad this summer.

We are running a 4 week camp  from *Monday the 25th June till the 20th
July.*

Sessions will be early (so you could make a 9am class) and Evening
(approximately 17:30) to simulate the "normal" trialling training program.

*Week one:* will be focussed on Sweep rowing, S&C Coaching sessions as well
as some assessment on your strength, Core and Flexibility. We will use the
Downing Tank, travel out at Ely as well as the land training facilities at
the Goldie Boat House.

*Week two:* will be sculling on the Cam (you will need to organise a single
scull - any issues please do ask).

*Week three: *We will return to Ely and row. This is to ensure we are best
prepared for Kingston Regatta (Saturday 14th).

*Week four:* Will be back on the Cam for some sculling. There will be some
challenges as well with some novelty prizes at the end of week.

---

Please Sign Up here if interested:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gDZLMvTriNYkTs9RjdFc
N3a-sfe75SkZSgHX81KyMNA/edit?usp=sharing

Individuals should submit a 2k ergo score to Patrick Ryan:
patrick at cuwbc.org.uk. Open Weight Target is <7:45, Lightweight Target is
<7:55.

We very much hope that you will have some people in your club that might be
interested in joining us!

Best wishes

James

--