[CUCBC Contacts] Pre-Bumps Meetings

Michael Thornton michael at cucbc.org
Thu Jun 2 13:44:07 BST 2016

Dear all,

**Captains please forward this message to your clubs**

We are still short of about 30 umpires to enable the Mays to go ahead. In
particular, we are short of Umpires for *M3, W2, M2, W1, and M1*. I would
like to produce the Umpires' Rota this weekend, so please encourage anyone
and everyone who can do those divisions to sign up by *10pm on Friday 3rd
June*!

As a 'thank you' for your time, all umpires are offered a *free
dinner* (including
drinks) at the Cambridge Blue pub, the week after bumps. Those who
volunteer to umpire also count towards their college's marshal allocation.

You don't need to have umpired before. There will be a meeting for all
umpires ahead of racing where we explain everything and all new umpires are
paired with a 'senior' one during racing. However, we do ask that you have
rowed or coxed in *at least 2 sets of bumps before* so that you understand
how the races work.

Please remember that you can both compete and umpire. We suggest you leave
2 divisions clear before your race and 1 after to allow you to get to and
from the boathouses. The division times are available here:
http://www.cucbc.org/mays/times

The umpires briefing will be during this weekend of the 4th / 5th June and
should last about half an hour. The exact time and location will be
confirmed later this week.

You can sign up here: *http://www.cucbc.org/mays/umpires/signup
<http://www.cucbc.org/mays/umpires/signup>*

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at conor at cucbc.org

Many thanks for helping to make the Bumps possible, and best of luck with
exams and training,

Conor