[CUCBC Contacts] CUBC trialling

Wilfried Genest wilfried at cucbc.org
Fri May 29 18:18:12 UTC 2015

Dear all,

Please see below.

Wilf.

---

Greetings Cambridge College Rowers,

My name is Henry Hoffstot, and I am the newly elected President of the
CUBC. I am writing to encourage all the Cambridge college oarsmen that have
the desire to come trial for the university team in September. As is
apparent to all, we have a big task in facing Oxford next March, and the
more talented oarsmen that walk in the door to trial on day 1, the stronger
the boats we will ultimately be able to field on the day. Also, we
typically get fewer incoming experienced rowers in an Olympic year so it
will be a great year for college rowers to trial. That being said, we will
have a 2k test in September with the expectation that successful trialists
are under 6:20. This is a much more realistic target than it might seem
with the use of a strategic summer training plan--something I would be
happy to help with. There will be a meeting (non-mandatory) for all
trialists on Tuesday June 9th at Goldie Boathouse at 4pm which I would
encourage you to attend (should only be about 20minutes), even if you are
undecided on if you will be trialling. Let me know if you have any
questions, and I hope to see you in September (official start Day/Time TBC)
if not sooner.

GDBO.

Henry Hoffstot

Henryhoffstot at gmail.com