[CUCBC Contacts] May Bumps 2014 - Thursday Results and Notes & Fines

Tom Grimble tom at cucbc.org
Fri Jun 13 01:41:33 BST 2014

Dear all

Thanks to everyone for a great first day of racing and we're looking
forward to an exciting week!

The results from today are available here <http://www.cucbc.org/mays>.

*Notes from the Umpires*

   - All crews must marshal on time, there were far too many crews arriving
   late today and delaying racing due to being out of order. We will not wait
   for you if you are too late to get to the start.
   - Coxes please check behind you before clearing to see where racing
   crews are.
   - All crew paddling home should expect to be held below the railway
   bridge to allow the next division to push off.
   - Crew already above the railway bridge and going home should keep left
   until past Peter's Posts to allow marshalled boats to push off.
   - Marshalled crews pushing off to the start should keep left until they
   reach the railway bridge after which they should resume normal navigation.
   - Please keep bank party sizes to a maximum of 4 and take care of where
   you are cycling. The towpath will get busier as the week progresses and
   we've already had some accidents today.

*Fines*

   - Christ's M2 - Dropped bung, no advantage - £15
   - Corpus Christi M3 - Early celebration - £20
   - Corpus Christi M3 - Impeding chasing crew - £50
   - Darwin M3 - Failure to clear - £50
   - Downing M1 - Excessive bank party - £30
   - Emmanuel M1 - Very late to marshalling - £20
   - Hughes Hall M2 - Failure to hold it up, early celebration and failure
   to clear - £25
   - Hughes Hall M2 - Late to marshal due to swapping blades - £20
   - Fitzwilliam M2 - Very late to marshalling - £20
   - Girton M2 - Dangerous coxing on row home - £30
   - Jesus M4 - Late to marshal due to boat swapping
   - LMBC M1 - Excessive bank party - £30
   - LMBC M2 - Very late to marshalling - £20
   - LMBC M4 - Dropped bung, no advantage - £15
   - Magdalene W2 - Failure to concede - £20
   - Peterhouse W1 - Late to marshalling - £20
   - Sidney Sussex M2 - Dropped bung, no advantage - £15
   - Wolfson M2 - Dangerous failure to clear - £50
   - Corpus Christi - Failure to provide marshal - £15
   - Downing - Failure to provide marshal - £15
   - First and Third - Failure to provide marshal - £15
   - Fitzwilliam - Late marshal - £5
   - Jesus - Failure to provide marshal - £15
   - LMBC  - Failure to provide marshal - £15
   - Pembroke - Inexperienced marshal - £5
   - St Catharine's - Failure to provide marshal - £15
   - Trinity Hall - Failure to provide marshal - £15
   - Clare M1 - This <http://www.samgillespie.co.uk/sport/rowing> -
   Consider modelling if rowing doesn't work out for you
   - Selwyn supporters at Grassy - Banner saying "Try" - Try harder with
   motivation
   - M1 division - Too many rowovers - Do something interesting tomorrow
   otherwise we'll randomise the start order for the rest of the week

All fines can be appealed by e-mailing Dan Wilkins, CUCBC Senior Treasurer (
seniortreasurer at cucbc.org) within 48 hours.

Tom Grimble
CUCBC Honorary Secretary