[CUCBC Contacts] Thursday Results and Notes & Fines

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Thu Mar 1 20:54:26 GMT 2012

Hi,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to advertise the varsity
football match amongst the rowing community. All the details are below.
If anyone is interested in buying a ticket they can contact me (jmr81)

Best,
James

The 128th annual Varsity football match is taking place at Cambridge
City's 'City Ground' on Tuesday 13th March. KO is at 19:00!

The Varsity match is one of the world's oldest regular football
fixtures, with the first ever game being played in 1873. In the 128
matches since then, the stats are unbelievably close:

Oxford wins: 50
Cambridge wins: 48
Draws: 29
Oxford goals: 201
Cambridge goals: 199

The Blues have been in imperious form this season having already won
promotion from their league: bucs.org.uk/bucscore/TeamProfile.aspx?id=1304

Come along and support the lads to help us narrow the gap and get a
victory on home turf!
_____________________________________

**TICKETS** Match tickets are just £5 and can be bought from any squad
member (see list below) or bought on arrival at the ground.

**AFTERPARTY** There is also going to be one enormous Varsity Afterparty
at Life. Wristbands for the Afterparty are only £3 in advance, giving
you free entry to Life all night (£4.50 on the door). If you buy your
afterparty wristband at the same time as your match ticket, you will be
entered into our incredible prize draw!!

**PRIZE DRAW** When you buy an Afterparty wristband (£3) along with your
match ticket (£5), you will be entered into our prize draw which will be
drawn at half time during the match. It's worth buying an afterparty
wristband even if you don't fancy going out when you see the prizes on
offer:

1st Prize: TWO KINGS' AFFAIR TICKETS worth £138!
2nd Prize: A PRIVATE BOOTH at the Afterparty in Life with complementary
bottles of GREY GOOSE and CHAMPAGNE!
3rd Prize: TWELVE FREE PINTS of LAGER or ALE at the Maypole!
4th Prize: A FREE MEAL for TWO and a BOTTLE of WINE at the Maypole!

**DIRECTIONS** The stadium can be found here - http://g.co/maps/e3pjn
It's less than a 10 minute cycle from the centre of town.

**REFRESHMENT** A bar will be open at the ground for you to have a drink
or ten during the match, but please don't bring your own alcohol into
the game.

We hope to see you all there singing your hearts out!

CUAFC
_______________________________________

List of players for match tickets (£5) and Afterparty wristbands (£3).
Email them or find them in college bars & butteries. If your college
isn't on the list, but you would like to come, email Rory Griffiths
(rfg31 at cam.ac.uk) or a member of the college closest to you:

Girton: Stef Karakashian sk648 at cam.ac.uk
(Wolfson Court: Haitham Sherif hs471 at cam.ac.uk)
Jesus: James Day jd470 at cam.ac.uk