[CUCBC Contacts] Yellow Flag

flag at cucbc.org flag at cucbc.org
Mon Nov 8 08:39:51 GMT 2010

Dear College Captains

I hope you don't mind me writing to you, but I wanted ask for your help contacting previous members of your rowing clubs that you think may be still in Cambridge and who may be interested in joining a town rowing club, like Cambridge '99s. We are actively recruiting men and women into both our novice and senior squads at the moment, and I'd appreciate any help you could provide by passing on this message.

Founded in 1899, the Cambridge '99 Rowing Club is one of the most competitive clubs in the eastern region. Our membership comprises rowers at all levels, from novice/beginner to those with experience of racing at very high levels. The club has a history of success at regattas including Henley Royal, Women's Henley, Nat Champs, HORR and WeHORR, etc, as well as those races closer to home. We participate in all of the local Cam races here in Cambridge, and of course take the town bumps each July very seriously!

We also have a good social scene, with a club bar that we open regularly, and annual club social events throughout the year.

I do hope you might be able to pass on our details to any ex-members you are still in touch with, or to those who might be leaving your club shortly. I'd be very glad to meet anyone from your club to show them our training facilities and boathouse one evening, and answer any other questions they may have about Cambridge '99s.

I look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your support in strengthening town rowing in Cambridge.

Yours sincerely

Ian

--
Ian Farrell