[CUCBC Contacts] Fairbairns Fours Cancelled

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Fri Dec 3 07:58:21 GMT 2010

Hi all

Due to the probability of ice on the river tomorrow, we have taken the 
decision to swap the Senior IVs and Senior Men's VIIIs divisions (since 
if conditions do improve later in the day after being unrowable in the 
morning, it will be the more prestigious VIIIs competitions that will 
take place in favour of the IVs.

As such, the race timetable for Friday will be:

09:30 Men's and Women's Senior IVs
11:30 Women's Senior VIIIs
13:45 Men's Senior VIIIs

As usual, the top 10 crews in the division should marshal 30 minutes 
before the division start times shown above, and all other crews 20 
minutes before. If racing is to go ahead, it is important that it runs 
smoothly. Please marshal on time and follow the instructions of all race 

A decision will be made first thing in the morning as to whether the 
racing of each division will go ahead due to conditions. Announcements 
will be sent via e-mail before the marshalling time. A red flag will be 
flown outside Jesus Boathouse if it is unsafe to boat and the 
forthcoming division is to be cancelled.

Many thanks

Dan Wilkins
Jesus College Boat Club

Dan Wilkins (Jesus College)
CUCBC Honorary Secretary

E-mail: dan at cucbc.org
Mobile: 07817 657717

More information about the Contacts mailing list