[CUCBC Contacts] University Fours, Draw, Schedule

Derek O'Brien cuwbc at cucbc.org
Thu Oct 22 15:39:03 BST 2009

Dear all,

University Fours is in just 2 weeks' time now.  In order to be able to run
the races each day, we need umpires to make sure everything runs smoothly.
Umpires will have a lot of responsibility and authority in the running of
the races.  Your tasks will include starting and judging finishes, deciding
over re-rows, and ensuring crews know how the races work.  Umpiring is a lot
of fun, and you won't be doing it alone.  There will be at least 1 other
person doing it with you, so it's a great way to meet other rowers.

The races run from Monday 2nd to Friday 6th November, and are between 1:45pm
and 4:00pm (just over 2 hours).  If you are free even just for 1 day, for 1
hour, then it would be a big help.  Also, the more umpires from your
college, the fewer marshals we will need to ask of your college to run the
races.  So you'd actually be doing your college a favour as well.  If you
are interested, e-mail me cuwbc at cucbc.org with your availability and which
college you are from.

Cheers,
Derek O'Brien