[CUCBC Contacts] CUWBC Development Squad

Sarah Allen sa413 at cam.ac.uk
Fri May 1 11:14:54 BST 2009

Dear All,

Cambridge University Women's Boat Club (CUWBC) will be running its
annual Development Squad between 22nd June and 19th July this year. We
are looking to recruit enthusiastic College rowers and coxes to spend
four weeks training together on the Cam, during which we gain valuable
technical knowledge, physiological fitness and racing experience.

We will be running four or five crews, with a view to entering the top
two of these in the National Championships at the end of July. All
crews will also race at various other regattas during the month, at
which we are usually quite successful winning pots!

Dev Squad is an opportunity not to be missed for people considering
trialling for the 2010 Boat Races against Oxford, as it gives an
introduction to what University rowing involves and what to expect.
There is no commitment to trial, however, and plenty of people simply
take the experience and coaching back to strengthen their College
boats the following year. It is also a lot of fun, as anyone who has
done it will attest!

If you are interested, please fill out the online application form on http://www.cuwbc.org
   There is also more information here about the club, and what Dev
Squad and trialling involve.

If you have any further questions, please email the President Sarah
Allen on sa413 at cam.ac.uk or the Lightweight Captain Eddie Surtees at sa413 at cam.ac.uk
  - we would love to hear from you!

*****
Sarah Allen