[CUCBC Contacts] Getting-On Race Results

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Fri Feb 20 18:02:56 GMT 2009

Dear all,

*BumpIT is open!*

Our bumps prediction game is now into its fourth year. See
http://www.firstandthird.org/tables/results/edit/bumpit.phtml for
details of how to play. There are two versions of the game: 4-day, for
predicting the complete men's or women's bumps charts, and Daily, for
predicting each of the five days of the Lent Bumps.

I'm not planning to award any prizes this year, partly because I never
get round to doing it until it's so late that any enthusiasm the
winners had has entirely disappeared, and partly because it generally
seems to be the same few people winning more and more BumpIT clothing.
If Mercury (King's), Rich (Sidney Sussex), Phil (1st & 3rd) and Simon
(Christ's) wrote the predictions at the front of the bumps programme
then there'd be no point running bumps. But if you feel strongly that
there should be prizes then get in touch and I'll go begging for some
money.

If you've played in the past, are a member of First and Third or are
at Homerton and use the lard system, then a user account will already
exist for you. Any problems then get in touch at
webmaster at firstandthird.org.

*Instant results*

We'll also be running our usual instant results services: live updates
to http://www.firstandthird.org and by SMS as soon as results have
been received by the control desk. On the day of the race, text 'fat'
and the division in which you are interested to 60300 and you will
receive a text message with the results, immediately if the race has
already happened, or as soon as it finishes. For example, if you text
'fat w2' then you will receive results for the second women's
division.

The text you send is charged at your normal rate and the text you
receive costs 12p. For more details, go to
http://www.firstandthird.org/tables/welcome/wapinfo.shtml.

Good luck for the bumps and, more importantly, for BumpIT!

Bryn