[CUCBC Contacts] [Fwd: Thursday Notes and Fines]

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Thu Jun 12 23:05:47 BST 2008

Dear All,

>From our legal advisors, please read:

"Coxes must carry their mobiles and call 999 direct themselves if it happens
to them as they pass by. The Police will react and have told me so again
this morning. This is the quickest thing they can do at the time. Telephone
response will be immediate on 999. Coaches should help here too as coxing
and mobile calling is not easy unless you have easied.

They have understood that there are now two locations - The Plough (stones)
and Green Dragon Footbridge (coins) to patrol. They know that we race 12.45
to 8pm and earlier on Saturday.

If coxes cannot do this immediately, they should call 0845 456 456 4 later
and report it and get an incident number. Not so easy, I know, but many
crews pass under these bridges in one day during the Bumps, so it is
important that they call the Police soonest. Do not be afraid to call 999."

Thanks

Laura

--
CUBC Honorary Secretary