[CUCBC Captains] CNR CANCELLATION

Clare Novice Regatta Senior Umpire claregatta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 12:37:41 GMT 2021

Dear all,

Unfortunately, due to adverse weather conditions, we had to take the
decision to postpone the regatta to a date in early Lent, with the same
eligibility rules applying. We will be in touch about further details in
the near future. Please see the below from the Clare Boat Club committee
for more information:

*Clare Boat Club are sorry to announce that they are cancelling Clare
Novices' Regatta tomorrow, Saturday 27th. The weather forecast is for
gusting wind speeds of 34mph at 09.00 increasing to 44mph by 15.00. Racing
and manoeuvering boats will be difficult for even the strongest novice
crews and starting side-by-side races may become impossible. Even more
concerning is that heavy rain is forecast for most of the day and that
wind-chilled temperatures will be below freezing, posing a significant
hypothermia risk to competitors and race officials alike.*

My apologies for all who were looking forward to an exciting day of racing,
and we hope to welcome you again in Lent. I would also like to thank all
involved in organising the event, particularly my fellow Senior Umpire, Ike
Qian, as well as members of the CBC committee.

Best wishes and many thanks on behalf of all CNR organisers,
Krzysztof
*CNR Senior Umpire*