[CUCBC Captains] Notes and Fines from JER GoR
limeng at cucbc.org
Sun Jun 20 23:51:36 BST 2021
*These will be published throughout the week
<https://www.cucbc.org/eightsregatta/notes_fines>*Notes from the Umpires:
- It feels good to be back on the towpath, seeing so many crews race! We
are sorry for the crews who have been forced to scratch due to COVID-19
self-isolation, however we cannot lose sight that we are still in a
Pandemic and crew members must self-isolate if asked.
- This is the first year where there have been more Women's crews
entered in a CUCBC-run race than Men's crews, that we can recall.
- We are still strongly discouraging spectators from attending. Any
which do must be on meadowside, and abiding current social distancing
- Bank parties are limited to *2 cyclists per crew*.
- All crews looked safe to race and no crews have been removed due to
- Many thanks to everyone for being aware of the new format for today-
it is something we have never tried before!
- A different race system is in place tomorrow so please re-read the
race and marshalling instructions.
- A set of keys have been handed in. Please email limeng at cucbc.org to
- Control is now at the finish, this is where all marshals should
collect bibs, sign in and receive their briefing.
- Christ's - Failure to provide a Marshal: £15
- Clare - Failure to provide a Marshal: £15
- Darwin - Failure to provide a Marshal: £15
- First-aiders - Thanks for volunteering at short notice: an edible
token of thanks
- Homerton - Marshal pulling a double shift after reading the
marshalling times wrong: consider a trip to specsavers, however
commendation for pulling the double shift
- Murray Edwards W2 - Dangerous activity: Pushing off the bank into the
course of Christ's NM1 and severely impeding them: £75
- Pembroke - Failure to provide a Marshal: £15
Fines can be appealed by e-mailing Dr Dan Wilkins, CUCBC Senior Treasurer
(seniortreasurer[at]cucbc.org) within 48 hours.
CUCBC Honarary Secretary
On Behalf of Cambridge University Combined Boat Clubs
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Captains