[CUCBC Captains] Free for coaching

Tom Copeland tjhcopeland at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 4 13:18:47 BST 2021

Dear College Captains,

I’m head coach for the Cantabs Senior Women’s squad and will be finishing
my PGCE course on the 18th June. Between then and the start of September
I’m going to have a lot of spare time on my hands and am looking for some
coaching related work.

I know that many of you and your athletes will not be in Cambridge during
this time, but thought that I’d email to say that, should you or your crews
be around, I can offer:

   -

   Crew coaching
   -

   Coach mentoring & development (individual and group sessions)
   -

   Training on how to set-up your boats for your athletes
   -

   Training plan assessment and writing
   -

   Assessment of your club’s athlete/coach development

Again, I appreciate that you may not be around during this point in the
year, but if you have crews going out, or coaches who might benefit from
some development/support then it would be great if you could drop me a
message (tjhcopeland at gmail.com).

Thanks,

Tom

A little about me:

I’ve lead the Cantabs Senior Women’s squad for the last 10 years and have
worked with junior, senior, masters and para-rowers. I’ve helped crews to
wins/medals at Henley Women’s Regatta, Women’s Eights Head, National
Schools, Nat Junior Championships, Ghent, Fours Head, Pairs Head, Scullers
Head, World Masters, Henley Masters and National Masters.

My crews have represented England at the Home International Regatta three
times. I selected and trained the Cambridge crew for British Rowing’s 2018
Power8s sprint competition. My crews have held the Town Bumps Headship
since 2017, and currently sit 1st, 3rd, 4th and 7th on the river.