[CUCBC Captains] Lent term captains' meeting

Isabel Nimmo izzy at cucbc.org
Thu Jan 7 19:19:04 GMT 2021

Dear Captains,

Happy New Year to you all, but it appears that 2021 is going to start with
us all still in a difficult position regarding rowing in Cambridge.

I imagine you'll all have seen this through your clubs, but I'm linking the
latest guidance from British Rowing here:

https://www.britishrowing.org/2021/01/rowing-lockdown-3/

While I'm aware that some clubs will have members in Cambridge, BR are
advising that club facilities should close till further notice, including
the use of club land to launch/recover boats for outings. As a practical
matter, this effectively means no outings till things change.

CUCBC will therefore not be setting the flag until BR Guidance changes to
allow outings, and clubs are not expected to provide EMMs once term
formally starts.

We intend to hold the Lent Term Captains' Meeting online and on the 17th of
January at 6pm (details of how to join will be sent out closer to the day).
An agenda will be circulated before the meeting, but will certainly include
a discussion of possible alternatives to Lents. Please let the committee
know of anything you'd like added to the agenda.

Best wishes to you all,

Isabel
CUCBC Exec