[CUCBC Captains] Fairbairn Cup: Final start order and race information

jcbc-fbsecretary at jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk jcbc-fbsecretary at jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 1 14:22:50 GMT 2021

Dear all,

I have attached the final version of the start order. This may also be found to download on the website. The race numbers and order from this version will be the same for racing.

Please do let me know of any scratches or withdrawals over the next couple of days. Unfortunately, we will no longer be able to offer refunds as the deadline has passed. While the deadline for changes to the order has now passed, if you require an extended time gap please let me know as soon as possible.

All race details and rules may be found on the website (https://www.fairbairns.jesusboatclub.co.uk). Maps of the course and finish locations of each race may be found here. I would also recommend that all coxes and bank parties read the coxes notes document with instructions on marshalling at the start and the finish.

Race numbers may be collected from Jesus boathouse between 7:30 and 9:30 on both days. All numbers for each club for both days will be in the same envelope along with safety pins so please keep these safe as we do not have replacements.

The first 10 crews should be at start marshalling 30' before the division start, with remaining crews in place 20' before the division. Crews boating from boathouses within the marshalling zone (from Jesus Lock to Goldie boathouse) are encouraged to boat facing downstream and filter into the queue as their position comes past to reduce marshalling congestion. During marshalling, please be careful and respectful of the houseboats; if you need to push off them please try to either push from the buoys or at least above the waterline!

Any announcements on race days, and provisional results, will be posted on the Facebook event here (https://www.facebook.com/events/220586873503049/?active_tab=discussion).

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Looking forward to seeing everyone racing, and good luck!

Casey