[CUCBC Captains] Monster the Loch 2021

Mallory Club info at malloryclub.com
Thu Apr 29 16:40:58 BST 2021

Dear Captains,

I hope you're all enjoying getting back to rowing after a pretty awful
year. In September, the Mallory Club (alumni of Magdalene Boat Club) are
planning to enter Monster the Loch, a mass 21-mile race across the length
of Loch Ness, Scotland. We first did this in 2019 and raced alongside a
huge array of boats from a GB VIII, to skiffs, to pedalos, and basically
had a great time so we're going again.

Given the high keen levels from MC and MBC and we thought we'd extend an
open invitation to any clubs who might be interested in coming along.
Naturally, the more crews that head up, the bigger the fleet, the bigger
the race and the bigger the vibe in the pub afterwards.

If any clubs are keen, please pass on the following details, as well as
passing onto your alumni clubs. Details below, as well as a few photos from
2019. Any questions, get in touch here or find me on Facebook and we can
sort out some logistics.

Cheers,

Will Reis,
Nessie-Hunter-in-Chief
Mallory Club

*Race Details:*

Website: www.monstertheloch.com
Facebook: https://fb.watch/5aygas2She/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY27b_CI6fE

Course: Fort Augustus to Dores (or the other way depending on wind)
Approx time: 2-3 hours for an VIII+

Prep day: Friday 17th September
Race day: Saturday 18th September
Why-did-I-have-that-last-pint-day: Sunday 19th September onwards

Nearest transport: Rail, air, coach services all in Inverness at the end of
the loch
Boat transport: we will either send our own trailer from Cambridge or hitch
a ride with trailers coming up from London. If we send our own, you're
welcome to join and split fuel costs etc.
Accommodation: Various hostels, hotels, airbnbs etc dotted about