[CUCBC Captains] Information re collegiate Boat club COVID-19 situation.

Limeng Zhu limeng at cucbc.org
Sat Apr 24 20:15:39 BST 2021

Dear Captains,

*A reminder to please continue adhering to COVID-secure procedures when
rowing, sculling, coxing and coaching, and information regarding the
precedent set by the University COVID-19 department.*

It is with regret we must inform you that the first positive Covid-19 case,
since the relaxation of lockdown, has been reported in a college club crew,
and, in keeping with protocol from the University (see below) the whole
crew are self isolating.

A protocol has been developed by the University COVID department at
Addenbrookes. It is important that you be aware that this precedent has
been set and will apply to any future such cases involving college rowers.

I copy their advice below (relayed from the University Sport department).
Bear in mind that any advice from NHS Track and trace or relevant Covid-19
authorities is likely to now be binding in law, and thus you must comply.

"A member of a College Boat Crew has tested positive this week. The
University COVID Helpdesk advisor in the Clinical School and the text below
from British Rowing was taken into account and they informed the College
that all people who had been in the boat with them need to self-isolate. I
told them I would let [CUCBC] know as it is important that [College clubs
and CUCBC] be aware that this precedent has been set and will apply to any
future such cases.

British Rowing: “Ultimately who has to self-isolate in the case of a
positive test will be down to the NHS Test and Trace programme. From the
experience of clubs to date, generally, those who have rowed in the same
crew as the positive individual will be asked to self-isolate by the NHS
Test and Trace programme”"

I apologise for the stern tone of this email, however it is of paramount
important we all row, scull, cox and coach safely; the consequences of not
doing so we are all unfortunately all too aware of.

Limeng Zhu

On behalf of the CUCBC Committees.