[CUCBC Captains] City of Cambridge Big Weekend - Head to Head and Sprint Regatta on 1 and 2 May

CCRC Events eventsccrc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 17:01:49 BST 2021

Dear all,

We are delighted to announce that the City of Cambridge Big Weekend will be taking place on Saturday 1 May and Sunday 2 May.

On the Saturday are running our Spring Head to Head with division times at: 9:00am, 11:00am and 1:00pm.  Entries are invited for all boat classes across: Open, Women and Mixed and will include Masters and Juniors categories.  This year the course will be slightly shorter to allow more space for marshalling by Baitsbite lock.

On the Sunday we will be running the Sprint Regatta.  This year the course has been moved to the Long Reach with crews racing upstream for 500m.  The first division will start at 11:00am

Both events will be run in a COVID-19 secure way with no spectators (aside from bank parties for juniors/novices and coaches).  Crews racing in the regatta will stay on the water until they are either knocked out or win.

Full details can be found on the attached pdfs or at: http://www.cityrc.co.uk/races-we-run/spring-head-to-head/ <http://www.cityrc.co.uk/races-we-run/spring-head-to-head/> and http://www.cityrc.co.uk/races-we-run/city-sprints/ <http://www.cityrc.co.uk/races-we-run/city-sprints/>

Entries open next Wednesday.

Many thanks

Seb

Seb Walker