[CUCBC Captains] Christmas Head - 5 December

CCRC Events eventsccrc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 09:23:06 GMT 2020

So…. we are locked down again and all rowing has stopped.

I’d like to offer some light at the end of the tunnel, as we are still hoping to run the annual Christmas Head on 5 October.

For those that don’t know it, it's a light-hearted race with many crews getting involved with the festive spirit by wearing fancy dress.  Entries are invited for all boat classes for clubs based on the Cam (off Cam clubs only be prior agreement).

There will be a revised COVID-19 1,800m long course running from Plough Reach to Top Finish (this is the same length as the normal Peter’s Post to Goldie Boat House course, but will make marshalling easier and allow crews to row straight back to their boathouse).  We also guarantee refunds if the event is cancelled.

A new addition to the event this year is that we aim to have a cable-cam covering the last 100m of the race with footage streamed on Facebook Live.

Details are attached and can also be found of here: http://www.cityrc.co.uk/races-we-run/christmas-head/ <http://www.cityrc.co.uk/races-we-run/christmas-head/>

Seb Walker
CCRC Events Secretary