[CUCBC Captains] Updated BR Advice

Conor Burgess conor at cucbc.org
Sat May 23 16:38:21 BST 2020

Dear all,

British Rowing have gone above and beyond what we had hoped CUCBC would be able to provide; you can find detailed guidance (including an example risk assessment) here <https://www.britishrowing.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/200522-Coronavirus-Advice-Returning-to-Rowing-FINAL2.pdf>.

Please note however that we’ve heard from some colleges that they will not be permitting any use of their boathouses this side of the summer vacation, so it’d be wise to check with your college authorities before you start trying to come up with any plans. Please also note that some boathouse staff have been furloughed and therefore will not be available to reply to your queries - please find out who the relevant person / committee in your college is and contact them instead if this is the case.

We’d also like to repeat our reminder that colleges have the decision making authority of how and when to reopen their facilities, and in all instances you should ensure your college authorities have been consulted and signed off on any plans you put in place.

Best wishes,
Conor