[CUCBC Captains] Dev Squad for BUCS regatta LM LW OW

Katy Knowles katy at cuwbc.org.uk
Tue Feb 25 18:15:08 GMT 2020

Dear Captains,

We are fast approaching regatta season and the time when dev squad hits the water in Ely. Please see attached poster regarding our BUCS dev squad. To get involved there will be a 2k ergo test next Thursday (5th March).

Please encourage those with the potential to trial who are likely to achieve the guideline ergo scores to sign up for a testing time here <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1knvo2kZEnlMih5BXFhRLJoSix_vHq-R79F2HSVkTSzY/edit?ts=5da7239d#gid=1038105017>.  From the information gathered and ergo score we are hoping to select beginner eights (Womens and Mens) and intermediate fours (Womens and Mens) to race at BUCS which is a national six lane regatta over 2000m held in Nottingham. We aim to begin training from 8th April if possible.

Coxes interested in coxing dev squad and show interest in trialing next year please get in touch with me. Include your college, experience, years coxing, what you think your main strength is and what you’d like to improve. It’d be great to see coxes at the ergo testing to help with set up and clearing away, recording scores and generally help out.

Any further questions please get in touch!

Katy Knowles,

Assistant Coach Women and Lightweights

Cambridge University Rowing
Goldie Boathouse, Kimberly Road, Cambridge, CB4 1HJ
www.cuwbc.org.uk <http://www.cuwbc.org.uk/> / www.culrc.org <http://www.culrc.org/>