[CUCBC Captains] Cox briefings for Lent bumps

Isabel Nimmo izzy at cucbc.org
Tue Feb 4 11:59:00 GMT 2020

Dear captains,

We are currently in the process of sorting a venue (and thus exact time)
but this is a brief heads up that the cox briefings for Lent bumps will be
held on the evening of the 23rd of Feb. I'll be sending a message round the
cox and contacts lists shortly, but I'm aware that not all of your coxes
are likely to be signed up to either of those. If you could let them know
of the following (and that novices do need to be available that evening)
I'd be very grateful.

Novice coxes (defined as those who have not competed *as a cox* in a set of
CUCBC* run bumps before) must attend in person, unless they receive prior
permission to miss it from the CUCBC Safety Officer.

Senior coxes (those who have competed before) may be represented by another
*senior* cox, provided that representative undertakes to brief them in turn
before the start of racing.

Members of bank parties and rowers who'd like a bit more insight into what
their coxes might be doing are very welcome to attend either (or both!)
briefings.

Best wishes,

Isabel

* CUCBC rules are somewhat different to CRA, Torpids, Eights and Oxford
town bumps, so I'm afraid they don't count.