[CUCBC Captains] CUCBC Financial Matters

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Mon Oct 28 20:42:56 GMT 2019

Dear Captains

I just wanted to introduce myself to you as CUCBC’s Senior Treasurer. I will be your point of contact for all financial issues related to CUCBC, from race entry fees to bills and fines.

You should have just received an e-mail from me with your club’s bill for the Michaelmas term.

In general, bills are distributed at the start of term captains’ meetings, or by e-mail shortly after. The bill will show all charges that your club incurred and any payments that were made during the previous term.

Race entry fees must be paid immediately at the time of the entry deadline (before the races happen and before you receive the next term’s bill). Any other charges (for example if your club incurs a fine) do not need to be paid until the bill arrives at the start of the next term. The race entry fees (and the payments) will appear on the next bill.

The deadline for bill payments is the entry deadline for each term’s CUCBC race, whether that be the Lent or May Bumps or the University Fours (though I’ve delayed the deadline this term). By each deadline, you must pay the full balance of your bill in addition to all the entry fees you owe for that race. If your bill shows a negative balance, your club’s account is in credit, and you should subtract this credit from any entry fees that you pay. Unless your entry fees and bill have been paid in full, your club’s crews will not be permitted to race.

The preferred payment method is bank transfer to the account detailed on the bottom of the bill. If you need to arrange alternative means of payment, please let me know.

If your club is unfortunate enough to receive a fine (either during the term’s training, or during the Bumps) and you think that the fine is unfair, you may appeal the fine by e-mailing me within 48 hours of receiving the notification that the fine has been levied. No appeals will be considered past this deadline. I will do my best to adjudicate the appeal and respond as quickly as possible, though sometimes the appeal can take some time if I need to obtain further information from the person who reported the fine.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I wish you the best of luck in your training this year.

Dan

--
Dr Dan Wilkins
Senior Treasurer