[CUCBC Captains] University Fours Race timetabling

Matthew Temple matthew at cucbc.org
Sun Oct 27 14:36:04 GMT 2019

Dear Captains,

Thank you for your entries into Uni 4s. Unfortunately there is one issue we
still need to clear up before we can do the draw, but so that people can
start planning, here is what we are currently planning for the race
timetable.
I am aware that several crews have academic commitments which mean they
have to race as late in the day as possible, however we are limited by
darkness as we must start the last race of each day in sufficient time for
each crew to get back to their boathouses before lighting up.

Here is a rough outline of what we expect to run:

Tuesday 5th: All M1/W1 R16 races, W2 QFs (~13 races) marshalling 1500,
starting 15:05-16:05 at 5 min intervals.

Thursday 7th: All M1/W1/M2 QFs (~12 races) marshalling 1500, starting
15:05-16:00 at 5 min intervals.

Friday 8th:  All SFs and Finals, marshalling 1430, SFs starting
14:30-15:05, then finals starting
15:45-16:00.

Each competing club will be expected to provide marshals in order to
facilitate the safe running of the event. A full draw, timetable and
marshals' rota will be circulated as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Matthew