[CUCBC Captains] CUCBC needs you!

Felicity Parker felicity at cucbc.org
Sun May 12 22:21:56 BST 2019

*Captains please forward this to your clubs*

Ahoy boaties of Cambridge! (I felt I had to redeem myself after the
mortifyingly clichéd subject line... sorry.)

CUCBC Exec Committee needs more members, including a new Honorary Secretary
for next year. The Exec Committee is responsible for the day-to-day running
of student rowing in Cambridge, including setting the flag, maintaining
good relations with other river users, and dealing with incidents involving
college clubs. We also organise and run University IVs in Michaelmas and
Small Boats Regatta at the start of Easter, and manage the admin for Lent
and May Bumps. The more people we have, the less each person has to do, so
we would really appreciate more hands! We would especially appreciate more
people to help with setting the flag - with most of our members either not
rowing, training at Ely, or going out on the same days, finding someone who
will be at the river early in the morning can sometimes be a challenge! We
don’t expect all our members to do everything, so if you’re not going to be
able to help with running races but could do flag setting and admin, we’d
still love to hear from you!

The Hon Sec role is very very slightly different from the ordinary
committee members’, in that it’s required to be held by a student, and you
get a different email address (cucbc at cucbc.org) which people sometimes
write to instead of the whole committee. I usually try to respond to such
emails myself, but the rest of the committee are happy to help when I’m
busy with work or not sure how to respond.

I’m losing the battle with this iPad, so I’m going to stop there! I hope
you can work out the gist of it! If you have any questions or are keen to
sign up straight away, you can get in touch with me, the committee (
committee at cucbc.org) or David, our Chair (chair at cucbc.org).

Wishing you all the best of luck for exams and Bumps!

Felicity

--
Felicity Parker
CUCBC Honorary Secretary