[CUCBC Captains] CUWBC and CULR Erg Trial

Robert Weber robert at cuwbc.org.uk
Wed Mar 13 17:01:49 GMT 2019

Captains - I hope that you might forward this along to your squad members.
Thank you!

Hello!

CUWBC and CULRC will be holding open erg trials at Goldie Boathouse on 16th
April for any women (openweight or lightweight) and lightweight men
interested in racing for Cambridge at BUCS. The erg trial will consist of a
2000m test and will be used to select those who will race for the Light
Blue on 4th, 5th or 6th May in Nottingham. You can sign up for warm-up and
test sessions here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vm5ElzzjTx61zziKzxYiO4yZ7z36KVz6DZrLbcKUQUc/edit?usp=sharing>
. Coxswains, we need you, too! Please sign up to express your interest.

We plan to enter crews in the Beginner 8+ and Intermediate 4+ events at
BUCS:

Beginner Men’s 4+ Saturday (4th May)
Beginner Women’s 4+ Sunday (5th May)
Beginner Men’s 8+ Sunday (5th May)
Inter Men’s 4+ Sunday (5th May)
Inter Women’s 4+ Monday (6th May)
Beginner Women's 8+ Monday (6th May)

How many we actually select will depend on the number of participants, as
well as results. Once selected, Development Squad crews should plan to
train 3-4 sessions prior to BUCS - exact schedule TBC.

Roughly speaking, the standards we will be looking for are:
<7:45 for openweight women,
<7:55 for lightweight women,
<7:00 for lightweight men.

We will also be holding two open Development Squad erg sessions prior to
BUCS and one or two after - look for a separate email.

We've had a great turnout for our previous erg sessions, and we hope to
have a full house for the trials on 16th April!

Thanks,
Rob

--
Robert Weber

Chief Coach Women and Lightweights
Cambridge University Rowing
[image: Logo]
Goldie Boathouse, Kimberly Road, Cambridge, CB4 1HJ
www.cuwbc.org.uk / www.culrc.org
[image: Facebook icon] <https://www.facebook.com/cuwbc> [image: Twitter
icon] <https://twitter.com/cuwbc> [image: Instagram icon]
<https://www.instagram.com/cuwbc>