[CUCBC Captains] Small Boats Regatta 2019 - Draw, Timetable and Marshals' Rota

Matthew Temple matthew at cucbc.org
Sat Apr 13 23:23:32 BST 2019

_Captains - please forward this message to any members of your club who
are competing in the SBR._

Dear all,

Thank you for your entries into the 2019 Small Boats Regatta. The draw
and race timetable are now available here [1]. I believe I have managed
to accommodate everyone who is doubling-up, as well as any other
constraints I have been made aware of - please let me know if you see
any mistakes!

The marshals' rota has been drawn up based on the number of entries from
each club, and is attached. Please note that marshals need not be
competitors themselves (although they can be), but it does help if they
have some understanding of the regatta format. Marshals should meet at
the Railway Bridge at the start of their shift. Clubs which fail to
provide marshals risk having their entries disqualified, as we cannot
run safe (or fair) racing without an adequate number of marshals.

Novice races will be run side-by-side along the reach. All other races
will be run in the line astern "chasing" format, from the posts
downstream of the A14 bridge to the post(s) downstream of the railway
bridge. The Mixed Double Sculls and Women's Pairs have exactly 3 entries
each, and so both of these events will be run as straight "3-way"
finals.

Best wishes,

Matthew

--