[CUCBC Captains] Downing Eliminator 2019 - Entries Open

Ollie Boyne ob312 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 17 14:00:44 GMT 2018

Dear All,

I am pleased to announce that entries to the *Downing Eliminator 2019* are
now open! The competition will be on the *19th and 20th of January 2019* in
the Howard Theatre, Downing College.

For anyone who has not heard of the event, a brief summary of the format:
Eight rowers on ergs race against each other for 30 seconds. After this
time, whoever has covered the least distance is *eliminated*. The distances
are then reset, and the remaining seven rowers continue immediately for
another 30 seconds, after which a second person is eliminated. This
continues until there is one remaining - the winner. The format proved
incredibly exciting last year, and we're looking forward to sharing it with
all college boat clubs (and town clubs this year!) again.

The entry form can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/wg9eIikgGf29lDth1

To find out more, find us on Facebook (
https://www.facebook.com/DowningEliminator), or visit our website (
https://downingboatclub.co.uk/the-downing-eliminator)

If you have any questions about the event, feel free to email me.

Kind Regards,

Ollie Boyne

Men's Captain & Technical Officer of the Eliminator 2018-19
Downing College Boat Club

Email: men at downingboatclub.co.uk