[CUCBC Captains] Tideway

Isabel Nimmo izzy at cucbc.org
Mon Mar 5 11:56:06 GMT 2018

Dear coxes and captains,

Congratulations on surviving an interesting bumps week! Hope you've all
recovered from BCD... Following the efforts of many of you on the towpath,
you deserved to celebrate in spectacular style!

This is a reminder that Sophie Shapter will be giving a presentation
tomorrow on steering on Tideway which many of us will be attempting this
weekend at WEHoRR/ManHoRR. I cannot recommend this strongly enough. You can
save or lose 10s of seconds by steering well/poorly which equates to dozens
of places in the final finish order.

The talk will start at 7:30pm in the Queen's Building Lecture Theatre in
Emmanuel college. There should be signs from the p'lodge, but I'll aim to
be around from ~7:15 to show people the way. There's also a map of Emma
here: https://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/contact/directions/MapCollege.pdf

Captains, could you pass this reminder on to any coxes who might be
interested but who are not signed up to the mailing list?

Hope you're all well,

Isabel