[CUCBC Captains] Racing today

PETER CONVEY peter.convey at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 3 10:25:07 GMT 2018

Dear all
with massive thanks to all involved again, towpath clearance is now almost complete, and we confirm that racing will take place as planned today for all divisions. The first race will be at 1240, and crews for that division should aim to be on their stations by 10 mintutes before that (1230), which will we hope enable us to complete the 'split' division without delaying the subsequent division.
A couple of reminders:
please can all crews marshall promptly for their divisions during the day. As yesterday, we aim to start each divsion as soon as practicable after all crews are on station, and to do so we need to know the next division is marshalled on time.
It being Saturday, as well with the continuiing cold (but improved) conditions, we will not be considering rerows today (unless, possibly, we had to restart almost an entire division after a problem right at the start)
We will provisionally return to a bank part size of a MAXIMUM of four cycles, but will monitor how well this works in the early divisions. Be aware that, whatever the bank party size permitted, any 'extra' cyclists MUST NOT cycle anywhere in the division and can only follow up the towpath at the end behind all racing crews. Infringements of this will be severely penalised as it is very clear this continues to be a safety issue in the current conditions.
Please be aware that, although thaw is now happening, many roads and pavements, as well as boat house hards, may still be very icy, so take great care when coming to either boathouses or the river. And, finally, again wear and carry appropriate warm clothing.
ThanksPete