[CUCBC Captains] Information for Saturday's racing
peter.convey at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 2 19:05:57 GMT 2018
Thank you for the cooperation and efforts of the divisions we did manage to run today, I am pleased with how they went. Also, a VERY big thanks to all those who helped with towpath clearing, this was a very big effort, and without it the racing would not have been possible.
Our intention at present is to run the full planned set of races tomorrow, ie all divisions. This will still be dependent on the continued forecast weather improvement, as well as the state of the towpath. So everyone is clear, we will announce a final confirmation of racing going ahead by 1100 tomorrow (Saturday) morning.
Before then, you will probably have noticed that it is currently snowing and settling again. There already plans via the Facebook group to organise further towpath clearing from 0800 tomorrow morning (thanks again, and please be involved if you can and it is needed), and we will have inspected the towpath before 0800 to identify which parts require attention.
Assuming all planned divisions do run tomorrow, then they will run to the normal timing schedule except, as with today's races, we will try to start each division as soon as we can after we have all crews on their stations (which also means that please can each subsequent division marshall promptly. Also, and again assuming the towpath condition is as good as today, we will return to 'normal' bank party numbers, ie max 4 per crew. And finally, a last reminder to all rowers and bank party members to bring enough warm clothing and to use it!
Thanks againPete(on behalf of the Chief Umpires and CUCBC Committees)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Captains