[CUCBC Captains] Moscow Rowing Competition

jcbc-president at jesus.cam.ac.uk jcbc-president at jesus.cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 27 20:33:06 BST 2018

Dear All,

A member of our college boat club trust is involved in reviving a rowing
competition with the Moscow Rowing Federation in Moscow. They are keen
for 8+ and 4- crews from Cambridge colleges to enter.

They are limited on the number of crews they can accommodate so will be
on a first come first serve basis. Rowers and coxes need to organise and
fund their own flights but transport food and lodging will be provided.
They will provide boats and (if necessary) coxes. The event will be
October 11th-14th this year.

The idea is – arrive 11th, 12th settle in, 13th 500m sprints in the a.m.
afternoon 15,500m marathon, followed by awards and dinner. Leave on the
14th.

He is not too concerned as to level of rowers (not novices though). It
is really for fun, cultural exchange and trying to get the event back up
and running. Combined colleges crews are welcome.

 From UK to Moscow is about a 3 ½ hr flight (4 hours return) and tickets
on Aeroflot are usually about £250/£300 return, BA similar. He will also
help organise visas etc.

Contact Yuri (zelikrow at mail.ru) and cc Dominic Reed (DReed at ufgam.com)
if you are able to enter a crew. They will provide further information.

We are entering an Jesus women 8+ boat but we may be 1 or 2 rowers short
do email me if you don't have enough rowers available to enter a full
women's crew (jcbc-president at jesus.cam.ac.uk). Or email our men's
captain (jcbc-mcaptain at jesus.cam.ac.uk) if you cannot fill a men's crew.

Claire Glanville
JCBC Women's Captain and President