[CUCBC Captains] CUWBC & BUCS

Patrick Ryan patrick at cuwbc.org.uk
Tue Apr 3 13:40:16 BST 2018

Dear all,

I hope you had a chance to watch this years boat races? It was a privilege
to work with the athletes this year and to make it back-to-back in such
style was a testament to their hard work.

Did you know that 3 members of the Blue Boat, 2 members of Blondie and one
of the spares all learnt to row in Cambridge.

Pippa Dakin, Newhnam College is a second year and it was her first year
trialing haven’t learnt to row in October of 2016. Pippa sat in the bow
seat of Blondie this year. She was a great asset to the team and brought
her experiences from other sports to enhance the teams performance.

While Pippa will be back attempting to improve on her awesome year, we are
hoping there are more of you out there wanting to see what you are capable
of achieving.

This journey starts, as it did with all those above at BUCS. The event is
on the weekend ofSaturday 5th to Monday 7th, May 2018.

We are wanting to field a
Beginner 4+ which races on Sunday
<http://airmail.calendar/2018-04-08%2012:00:00%20BST>
Intermediate 4+ Which races on a Monday
<http://airmail.calendar/2018-04-09%2012:00:00%20BST>
Beginner 8+ which races on the Monday
<http://airmail.calendar/2018-04-09%2012:00:00%20BST>.

A Beginner is defined as someone who is in their first year of rowing.

If you are training in a pair with someone at your college and wish to
enter the INT 2-, please do let me know as we may be able to help with
transport.

Selection includes a 2k test.

The first of these will be help on April 17th at 5pm
<http://airmail.calendar/2018-04-17%2017:00:00%20BST> in Goldie Boat House.
Sign Up Here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12mhapwmNGM8f-OqTo9B-j6RXnlbIPU3h5UIeQZ1VuLI/edit?usp=sharing>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12mhapwmNGM8f-OqTo9B-j6RXnlbIPU3h5UIeQZ1VuLI/edit?usp=sharing

Please, if this date is an issue please email me on patrick at cuwbc.org.uk

Any other information you might need don’t hesitate to ask.

Information about the Summer will follow shortly.

Regards

Paddy

--
Patrick Ryan