[CUCBC Captains] Cambridge University Women's Boat Club - Development Email.
patrick at cuwbc.org.uk
Tue Oct 24 15:39:16 BST 2017
As the mornings are getting busier, some general reminders. Please forward
to LBCs and novice coxes as appropriate.
1. Senior crews on their way downstream shortly after lighting down
should be wary and prepared to meet Town Crews returning upstream. You must
remain on the correct side of the river at all times.
2. No novice crews may be on the water before 07:30, or within 15
minutes of lighting down, whichever is later (so please take note on
Thursday and Friday morning this week). For the purposes of this rule, you
should interpret a novice crew as as one requiring assistance from the bank
to proceed safely and without interruption to at least the Railway Bridge,
or as any crew with more than three novices. If placing a novice cox with a
senior crew, they must be able to cox the boat the the Railway Bridge
safely with only pointers from the stroke seat.
3. No bank coaching before 07:30 anywhere upstream of the Railway
Bridge. Please also be aware of other river users and keep noise outside
the boathouses and from cox-boxes to a minimum before 07:30.
4. White lights should be displayed clearly on both the bows and stern
if your boat will be on the water within the 15 minutes after lighting down
or the 15 minutes prior to lighting up.
5. Lighting down is the time you can push off, NOT the time you can row
past one of our EMMs. Anyone caught willfully abusing this rule will be
fined heavily, and issued training bans for repeat offences.
6. A queue of boats waiting to return to the boat houses is NOT fair
game for overtaking. Everything will flow much more smoothly when you join
Thanks for your cooperation,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Captains