[CUCBC Captains] Damage to Narrowboat

Conor Burgess conor at cucbc.org
Thu Nov 30 14:47:15 GMT 2017

**PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ALL COXES**

Dear all,

The Final start order is attached, some numbers have changed following a
few scratches.

COXES:
The coxes notes are attached with marshalling information, the top 10
crews in each division must marshal 30 minutes before the start and the
rest 20 minutes before.
Senior coxes please make sure you have properly briefed the novice coxes
in your club on the course, especially taking the corner under green
dragon bridge.
Attach the numbers with 4 safety pins. You and your bow person should
have the number visible at all times during marshalling and the race (No
ponytails/hoods etc. concealing numbers please).

ALL:

Make sure you and your crews have lots of layers, it is going to be very
cold and potentially windy, more so on Thursday. Those at the start of
the division will be waiting for over an hour at the finish line.
Race numbers will be at Jesus Boat House, please come up to the balcony
to collect them. Check to see if your alumni crews have a separate pack.

If you are going for a pre-paddle, please clear the river by 08:30 to
allow space for crews marshaling.

Also attached is the Event Safety Plan, this contains information of
where marshals will be positioned on the day of the races if you require
any assistance. St. John Ambulance will be covering the event on both
days.

Finally, captains - if your boathouse is between Jesus BH and Jesus Lock
then I will assume your crews are pushing off from the boathouse - let
me know if this is not the case.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me, I will be
at Jesus Boathouse all day during the races (apart from the senior
women's division) if there are any issues on the day.

Best of luck to all crews racing,
Charlotte

--
Charlotte Jackson