[CUCBC Captains] River Closures corrections

Conor Burgess conor at cucbc.org
Tue Jun 6 08:11:20 BST 2017

Dear Captains,

Attached is the 12-outing declaration form for the May Bumps 2017.
Please check the outing logs for each of your crews and return the
declaration to me by Wednesday 7th June. This deadline is to allow us to
fix the start order as soon as the Getting On race has finished - even
if you don't have any crews entered into the GOR we need to know how
many slots are available for qualifying crews.

Where you have been running a squad system for a significant part of the
term rather than fixed crews please contact me if you do not meet the 12
outing requirement. We understand that subs are sometime required at
short notice for illness/injury/absence and these are generally
acceptable without specific notice to me - please contact me if you are
proposing to sub in a cox who has not been coxing this term and does not
have prior Bumps experience as a cox.

Weekday outings after 9.00 count as 1.5 outings for the purpose of the
12 outing rule. Early morning and weekend outings count as 1, as do
races. The GOR may be counted as one of the 12 for those crews taking
part. If you have a crew who fail to meet the required 12 outing
threshold, feel free to contact me before scratching them if you think
there are grounds for me to allow them to race. Any crew not fulfilling
the 12 outing requirement may race for time only in the GOR, and will be
eligible for a half refund.

Forms may be filled in electronically and emailed back - there's no need
to print / sign / scan as it takes up more of your time and only clogs
up my inbox!

Finally, please remember that the rules for coxes not attending the
pre-Bumps briefing have changed in line with the previous Captains'
meeting. Senior coxes may now be represented by another cox from your
club (who may also be there as the cox of their own crew) - rowers are
no longer acceptable representatives. Novice coxes (i.e. those who have
not competed in Bumps before as a cox) may be absent only by prior
agreement - email me if this applies to anyone in your club. Please be
sensible when it comes to attendance - I do not want the briefing to be
delivered to just 30 coxes, each representing the whole of their club!

Any questions, let me know.

Mark Jacobs
CUCBC Safety Advisor