[CUCBC Captains] SBR Draw, Timetable and Compulsory Marshal Sign Up

Conor Burgess conor at cucbc.org
Sun Apr 23 14:55:35 BST 2017

Dear all (competitors BCCed),

The draw and race timetable for SBR 2017 is now available on the CUCBC website <http://www.cucbc.org/regatta/18>  We would like to apologise for the delay in producing this - we experienced an unexpected difficulty confirming payments to the CUCBC account and chasing down payments therefore took much longer than we would like. We’ll try to ensure we have more contingency time next year.

The timetable should ensure that competitors in each event don’t have to race more than each other on any given day (unless you’ve doubled up events, in which case it’s on you), and that doubled up entries aren’t racing in two competitions at the same time. The shorter races (Peter Brandt and Maiden Sculls) will take place first on each day, followed by the rest of the races running over the full Colquhoun Sculls course. If you need to change the time of a race, contact your competitor and agree a new time, and then let us know. We can only run races between the existing times, as those are the times marshals will be available - see the image below.

As mentioned in the original email, crews are required to provide one marshal each. Marshalling has been split into four slots, and each club has been allocated slots to fill. I leave it up to your club to decide which crew fills which of your allocated slots. A reminder that failure to provide a marshal will mean racing cannot run safely and therefore anyone who fails to provide a marshal will be disqualified. Please ensure your marshal knows which slot they are covering, and that they have filled in this form <https://goo.gl/forms/HIBZx2ndk0AAdNt72> by midnight tonight (Sunday) - you’ll need to tell them which crew they are marshalling for.

Club marshal allocation:

Draw and Timetable: http://www.cucbc.org/regatta/18 <http://www.cucbc.org/regatta/18>
Marshal Sign Up: https://goo.gl/forms/HIBZx2ndk0AAdNt72 <https://goo.gl/forms/HIBZx2ndk0AAdNt72>

Best wishes,