[CUCBC Captains] Thursday Notes and Fines

Conor Burgess conor at cucbc.org
Fri Jun 12 01:56:22 BST 2015

Dear All,

Please see the below information about the Tribal BBQ which is taking place next Sunday.  There are a few tickets left so I’d be very grateful if you could pass this around your clubs.

Kind regards,

Jess
------

Jess Stewart
Captain of Boats
Downing College Boat Club
jcs89 at cam.ac.uk

The Merry Gentlemen and Women of the Downing Tribe request the pleasure of your company at their Annual Tribal Barbecue, on Sunday 14th June 2015, set to be held on the mighty paddock of Downing College between 7-10pm.

Before reading on, please follow this link to get you in the correct mood (the sound track is key): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCq3CMbqYNo <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCq3CMbqYNo>

Now...

Upon arrival, you will be greeted by the Tribe with generous offerings of food and drink a'plenty - there will be MORE PIMMS than ever before. And, to sooth your weary souls, at the end of such a raucous Sunday, the sounds of the Gypsy Kings (in an alternative guise) will sound in the summer sunset. Over enthusiastic dancing will be most welcome.  #Bamboleo

Single tickets will be £26.35 each*.

Payment will involve less effort compared to previous years. Contrary to the primal connotations of 'Tribe', we are now catching up with the times and will no longer be requiring cheques. Instead, you will now be able to pay online with your debit or credit card without any fuss.

This means individual tickets are available, but applications for group tickets will be looked upon kindly. Indeed, group tickets will SAVE YOU MONEY with regards to the booking fee. A number of group size options are available**.

Please follow this link to apply: www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/166350 <https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/166350>
Please also remember to include the name of your affiliated college at the bottom of the page, as this is where your wristbands will be delivered to.

This year we are supporting the Cambridge City Food Bank. Please give generously during such a week of excess and opt for the charity tickets for only £1 extra per person. Information about the food bank can be found here: http://cambridgecity.foodbank.org.uk/ <http://cambridgecity.foodbank.org.uk/>

Our terms and conditions can be found on the box office website, please read through these prior to purchase.

Dress code: chinos/summer dresses, with boat club blazers if owned.

Any issues, or if you are vegetarian please get in touch.  We hope you will be able to join us for what will be an epic start to May Week 2015.

Yours Tribally,

Chief

Downing Tribe
tribalchieftain at gmail.com <mailto:tribalchieftain at gmail.com>

     ***     ***     ***     ***     ***     ***

*This price includes the booking fee:
This year we are using an automated ticketing system which will process your payment and information immediately, and make processing and delivery easier at our end. The booking fee is applied by the service providers.

**Group tickets:
Due to the nature of the booking system, only fixed-size group tickets are available. You will need to select the combination of tickets that suits your group size. Below are the group options, booking fees are INCLUDED in these prices:

Single Scull: individual tickets, £26.38
Coxed Four:  5 people, £130.11
Crew:  9 people, £233.84
Squad: 18 people, £467.24
Boaty Barge: 36 people, (an entire boat club attending in full force - what we want) £934.02
All of the above with charity donation: £1 extra for each member of the group.

Prices listed on the box office website will not include the booking fee.