[CUCBC Captains] Queens' Ergs Deadline Extension

Karl Anderson ksa36 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 21:46:14 GMT 2014

Dear all,

I am the Vice Captain of EBC this year and am writing to you about Emma
Sprints 2014 held on *Sunday 23rd November. *We would really appreciate
your cooperation with organising row-throughs to make the regatta as
smoothly as possible. I have attached a copy of the schedule and when
row-throughs are possible during the racing timetable. If you could notify
me of when you have crews out and which slots you are likely to use that
would be really helpful.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me at:
EBCVice at gmail.com

Please can you forward the rest of this message onto your LBCs:

Best Wishes,
Daisy Savage

Emma Sprints 2014 is taking place on *Sunday 23rd November*. Entries are
now open until *18th November *via the entry form attached. All additional
information can be found on our website at: http://ebc.soc.srcf.net/sprints/

This is the first race of the Novice calendar and a fun introduction to
racing so get keen! As in previous years, every crew will have at least two
races. We anticipate a good turnout complete with the usual fancy dress,
doughnuts and exciting races so it is an event not to be missed. I'll be
getting the draw on the website as soon as possible after the deadline,
where results will also be updated throughout the day.

Last year this event was significantly over-subscirbed and therefore, with
permission of CUCBC, we have extended the event to include an additional
mixed division. As a result the regatta will start earlier in the day
although the same rules and format still apply. We will guarantee places in
the regatta for 2 boats from each boat club if entered prior to the
deadline listed above. The remaining places will be allocated on a first
come first served basis so make sure you get your entries in early!

To enter your crews into the regatta please fill out the form linked below:

*http://goo.gl/forms/3xIpaAjDZT <http://goo.gl/forms/3xIpaAjDZT>*

Please fill out one form per Boat Club to avoid confusion. If you have any
difficulties don't hesitate to email.

Entry is £45 per VII and payment should be made either by cheque to
*EMMANUEL BOAT CLUB* to be put in the pigeon hole of 'R.Baptista' at
Emmanuel College or by bank transfer (please email me for details).

Standard safety rules apply: heel restraints in place, life jackets for
coxes, and correctly fitted bow balls and we reserve the right to turn away
crews which we deem to be unsafe with no refund of the entry fee.

Tickets are also now on sale for *Emma Cocktails* that takes place on the
evening of Sunday 23rd between 20:30 and 23:00. It's a great way for
competitors to relax after a hard day of racing, and a good way for senior
rowers to get to know (and hopefully celebrate the victories of) their
novice crews.  Unlimited alcohol and some funky jazz all for only £9.
Tickets can be purchased with race entries or via Zoe Maikovsky (
zm266 at cam.ac.uk) using the following link:

*http://goo.gl/forms/ZiJjwTpswr <http://goo.gl/forms/ZiJjwTpswr>*

There are a limited number of tickets so get on this ASAP and catch them
while you can!! Winners of the regatta will receive free entry if they
arrive before 21:30.

If you would like any further information please contact me on:
EBCVice at gmail.com.

Best Wishes,

*Daisy Savage*

Vice-Captain