[CUCBC Captains] Early Morning Noise
holly at cucbc.org
Wed Jan 30 22:33:35 GMT 2013
The CUWBC will again be running a development squad this summer, I
encourage you to send along your best athletes who maybe interested in
trialling for the CUWBC for the 2014 Henley Boat Races. This is an exciting
time for women's rowing at Cambridge and with our new sponsorship deal from
Newton and the upcoming move to the tideway in 2015 it could not be a
better time to be a female rower at Cambridge.
As college captains I hope you are keen to have your club represented in
the inaugural tideway women's Boat Race (covered on TV by the BBC), if this
is to be the case I strongly advise you push your best rowers to
participate in the Dev squad this year and trial for the 2014 squad.
- Athletes who are under 63 kilos and under 8:10 for a 2k ergo test are
encouraged to trial for the lightweights
- Athletes who are over 63 kilos and under 7:50 on a 2k ergo test
and are encouraged to trial as Heavyweights
This year we have seen between 20 and 35 second improvements on 2k tests in
only two months through the majority of the squad.
The plan for the Dev squad this year is as follows -
- Presentation about women's rowing by Annie Vernon, Olympic silver
medalist and CUWBC assistant coach
- Once a week ergo and rowing tank coaching at Goldie, time and day to
- We want to help your best athletes without compromising your May
- 4 week training and racing camp from the 24th of June to the 17th of
- CUWBC trialling begins on the 9th of September
Any questions please feel free to get in touch.
CUWBC Chief Coach
rob at cuwbc.org.uk
CUWBC President 2012-2013
Trinity Hall, Cambridge, CB2 1TJ
If you wish to donate to one of the CUWBC funds please follow the link
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Captains