[CUCBC Captains] Umpires Required

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Fri Feb 24 11:11:05 GMT 2012

Many thanks to all those who have signed up to umpire the Lent Bumps
(28th February to 3rd March).

We are still looking for a few more people to help out - particularly
the upper divisions (W2, M2, W1) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. It
is important that we have a full compliment of Umpires to ensure that
the races run smoothly.

Please do consider helping out. Umpiring is a really fun way to get
involved in the Bumps - you get to see and be involved in the action
from up close on the towpath, either cycling along with the crews or
acting as a static umpire at key points on the course. In addition to
this, you will get a free dinner, probably the week after Bumps and
umpiring will reduce the number of marshals that your club needs to
provide.

To help out, you don't need to have umpired before although we do ask
that you have rowed or coxed in at least 2 sets of Bumps in the
past.There will be a meeting for all umpires where we will explain
everything and those that have not umpired before will be paired with
a 'senior' during the races.

If you would like to help out, please sign up at

http://www.cucbc.org/lents/umpires/signup

indicating which divisions you are available for (the times of the
divisions are listed at http://www.cucbc.org/lents/times).

You can both compete and umpire (although obviously don't sign up to
umpire a division you're competing in!)

If you have any questions, please get in touch.

Dan

--
Dan Wilkins (Jesus College)
CUCBC Honorary Secretary