[CUCBC Captains] Getting on Race Results

CUCBC Senior Treasurer seniortreasurer at cucbc.org
Fri Feb 25 23:04:07 GMT 2011

Dear all,

Just a reminder for those competing in the Getting on Race tomorrow.

Full details, including start orders, are at http://www.cucbc.org/lents/gor
and a summary is below.

Please make sure you are on time. If you are late, we will not be able to
wait for you and you will not be able to compete.

Please check that you have a lifejacket on the cox, a bowball and heel
restraints before you set out. We don't want to have to turn anyone away
because they've forgotten these!

----------

The Getting-On Race takes the form of a head (timed) race between Little
Bridge and the post downstream of the Railway Bridge (2km).

There will be 2 divisions with timings detailed below.

Men
There are 20 crews racing for 7 places. Homerton II  and Downing III regain
their places and do not need to get on.

Will race at 14:00 and must marshal AT BAITSBITE

The following crews should be pulled in to the bank, facing upstream AT
BAITSBITE, IN ORDER with the first crew closest to the start, *BY 13:40*

While marshalling, crews should obey marshals' instructions at all times.

Women
There are 21 crews racing for 7 places. Selwyn II regain their place and do
not need to get on.

Will race at 15:00 and must marshal IN REVERSE ORDER, AT CHESTERTON by
14:30.

Women's crews must be aware of men's crews rowing home while marshalling.

 **Latecomers will not be allowed to race**

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Best wishes,

Holly

--
Dr Holly Hedgeland