[CUCBC Captains] Umpiring Lent Bumps 2011

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Mon Feb 21 17:40:57 GMT 2011

Dear all,

Please find attached a copy of the "Ten Outing Form" to be returned to me by
Wednesday 23rd February.  The undertaking is designed to prevent
incompetent crews taking part in the racing and creating a danger to all
other crews. The term "10 outings" refers to the whole crew and the cox, and
the outings must have been  in the present term. It also refers to the
average of individual crew member's experience, but a member cannot be
accepted if
they have done less than eight. For example, if someone has only done 8
outings in this crew this term, then that could be compensated by someone
having done 12, but if he or she has only done 7, then his/her outings do
not count at all, and he/she should not be in the crew. Rowing done on any
occasion before this term does not count, nor does rowing in another crew.
Do not forget the cox.

Please bear in mind our policy on refunds for scratches:

- If you scratch by 5pm Wednesday (48 hours before), you get a 100% refund.
- If you scratch by 5pm Thursday (24 hours before) or race the GoR and do
not get on, you get a 50% refund.
- If you scratch after 5pm Thursday or just don't turn up, you do not get a
refund.

For us to process this easily, to scratch please send an email to Dan
(cucbc at cucbc.org) and to me (seniortreasurer at cucbc.org).

If you simply withdraw your crew on the website, there is a chance we may
not notice and you may not get the appropriate refund.

Thanks,

Holly

--
Dr Holly Hedgeland