[CUCBC Captains] FREE STUFF!

F. Rolfe fr267 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 10 17:33:50 GMT 2011

TO:         CAPTAINS

FROM:   CHAIRMAN

RE:         MIDDLETON

>From the calls that I  received yesterday, I gather Middleton was fouling up
the river seriously at 0730 yesterday and outings had to be cut short by
some who found themselves on the wrong side of his barge.

May I thank all of you, your crews and your Coaches for showing commendable
restraint and for not engaging with Middleton, thus denying him the oxygen
of publicity, which he no doubt sought ahead of his appearance before
Cambridge Magistrates this morning on the Conservators' prosecution under
their Bye-Laws for earlier misdemeanours. It is a Pre-Trial Review Hearing.

No doubt the Cambridge News will carry a report, as I gather that Middleton
is pleading "the swan" among other things.

Thank you for listening,

Richard H
Ch. CUCBC

--