[CUCBC Captains] Uni Fours 2010 - Entries Open

Dan Wilkins dan at cucbc.org
Tue Oct 12 21:04:11 BST 2010

Dear College Captains and Boatmen,

Cambridge University Women's Boat Club would like to invite talented college
rowers to an ergo selection day this Saturday (8th) at 2pm at Goldie boat
house.

As you may know this year CUWBC have a new coaching team, and a new
programme. Martyn Rooney, an experienced coach who previously was coaching
juniors at international level, has taken over the role of lead coach, and
John Thicknes, with three years professional coaching experience at Durham
University, joins him as coach coordinator. For more information please see
our website. We are looking forward to a successful two terms, after which
we will return your rowers to you fitter, stronger and faster in time for
Mays.
We are looking for potential openweights and lightweights. To be considered
as a potential lightweight rowers must weigh around 64kg or less, and must
be judged to be safely able to get down to 59kg for boat race day. The 2k
guidelines we give are 7.50 for openweights, and 8.10 for lightweights.
However, if rowers have not made these targets yet but you think they have
the potential to do so then please get in touch with me.
If you think any of your rowers have what it takes to represent Cambridge in
the boat races against Oxford in March this year please send me an email
(president at cuwbc.org) and encourage them to come along to the meeting at 2pm
at Goldie boat house on Saturday.

If you would like to know more about CUWBC's plans for the year, or would
like to get involved yourselves please get in touch with John Thicknes,
john at cuwbc.org <john at cuwbc.org>.

Many thanks for your support,

--
Lizzie Polgreen