[CUCBC Captains] Rowing Match: Cambridge vs. Oxford Business Schools - request for boats

Martin_Schiffhauer at mckinsey.com Martin_Schiffhauer at mckinsey.com
Thu Mar 25 03:11:15 UTC 2010

 Dear college captains,

our names are Sebastian Brenner and Martin Schiffhauer and we are the
rowing captains of
Cambridge Judge Business School. With the kind approval of the CUBC
committee we are
writing to you on the captains list in an important matter in which we
need your help.

As a one of the top 20 business schools in the world, Cambridge Judge
Business School is also
competing fiercely with Oxford Said Business School and the school is now
preparing for one of the
highlights in its' social life - the yearly Varsity-like sports match
between Cambridge Judge
Business School and Oxford Said Business School which we are honoured to
host in
Cambridge this year.

Judge Business School does not  have its own boats and members usually row
with their colleges.
We will however need boats for the competition with Oxford. Therefore we
are approaching you with the
request if you can rent us a boat which we will insure on our own behalf.
The race against
Oxford Said business school will be in 8+ and there are two teams on every
side so we are looking for
four eights. Also there will be a womens' crew on each side which will
however compete in 4+.
Therefore we are additionally looking for two 4+.

This matter is not only important to the reputation of the business school
but supposedly also for
Cambridge because the Oxford guys would basically just laugh their heads
off, if we were not even able
to provide boats for a rowing match and would surely quickly spread the
word.

Therefore we urgently want to ask you to support this - Judge Business
School can pay a rent for the boats and
will also insure the boats on its own behalf. Your support would be most
appreciated by Judge Business School!

We are looking forward to hear from you
Sebastian Brenner & Martin Schiffhauer

______________________________________

Martin Schiffhauer
McKinsey & Company, Inc.
Taunustor 2
60311 Frankfurt
Germany

Phone +49 69 7162-5310
Fax +49 69 7162-5311
Mobile +49 175 318-5310

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it
in error, please notify us immediately and then delete it.  Please do not
copy it, disclose its contents or use it for any purpose.