[CUCBC Captains] Bertie Constable

Steve Harris sh504 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 23 09:11:05 UTC 2010

It's with great sadness that I pass on the news that Bertie Constable
passed away yesterday afternoon.

My apologies if you didn't know Pam and Bertie but i'm sure there are
many on this list that did.

Bertie had tremendous enthusiasm for the river.
A boatbuilder by trade.
Up until last year he was the cambridge agent for ES Rowing Services
formerly Matt Wood and Eton Racing Boats.
He supplied most boat clubs on the river with the spares for racing boats.
He was a member of the Cambridge Motor Boat Club for many years.

Last October Bertie sadly had a stroke and despite some encouraging
early signs he never really recovered.

I'm sure he will be missed by many on the river.

Funeral arrangements are yet to be confirmed.

Steve Harris
Bomber